Aimed at young people aged 10-25 of African/Caribbean origin/decent. The purpose of this Award is to recognise minority talent and contributions made by young people in their local community. The Award seeks to increase the success and visibility of minority role models and improve the young personís self-confidence, self-determination and self-empowerment.
APPLY UNDER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
1. Given their time to help people in the community
2. Gained good academic or vocational results
3. Made a significant contribution to the quality of life
of other people
4. Overcome personal difficulties or barriers to achieve success
The Award is a way of recognising not only those young people who are academically able but also those who are making a difference in their community and at the same time improving personal development.ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Nominators must complete the attached form.
2. Explain clearly, why you feel your nominee deserves the Award. You should tell us how your nominee achieved their goals.
3. If the person that you are nominating is under 16 please inform them or their guardian that you are nominating them.
4. All Nominations must be returned to the Jamaica Society by 27 July 2012 or ASAP.
5. Nominees must be available to attend the Awards Presentation.
6. The most outstanding prizewinner will be required to complete a report of achievements from August to April.
7. Prizewinners are expected to return to the Jamaica society and give an annual response on the work they have carried out during the year.
8. Nominations must be sent to: Jamaica Society (Manchester), Young Achieverís Recognition Award c/o The West Indian Centre, Carmoor Road, Longsight, Manchester M13 0DY.
If you feel there is a Young Person deserving of an Award Please nominate them! If the person you are nominating is under 16, please inform them of your intention to nominate them.